Thursday, October 13, 2005

Aunt Matilda

Yeah, I know that most call her Aunt Flo, but I chose Matilda, just to be difficult...LMAO!

It's been one of "those" weeks. I've been sick, hubby has been sick, monster girl has been sick. The only ones not sick are monster boy and our new housemate. So to say the least, I have been GRUMPY!!! It never clicked with me as to why this "might" be happening, I just assumed it was because of everyone being sick. Cuz when I get sick, it's bad enough, but with 3 of us being sick this week, it was just UGLY here!

It all started Sunday. Hubby and our new housemate were going to go out back with the neighbor and ride dirt bikes for a little while. Not a big thing, I like seeing hubby have some fun time! So the guys headed out to have fun with my typical "be careful" warning....LOL. That was about 2 p.m. The kids were in and out of the house with friends, and all was going well. I was starting to not feel well, so I decided to kick back in my comfy chair for a bit. The next thing I knew, I woke up and it was starting to get dark outside. The house was TOTALLY quiet so I went outside to see where everyone was, even yelled for them, and no one was around. I came back in and grabbed the phone to call hubby's cell and lo and behold, his cell was in the house and not on him. I looked at the clock and it was a few minutes after 6. I'm kind of freaking here, I mean, it's been like 4 hours since he left, the kids are no where to be found, and I can't get ahold of him because he doesn't have his cell phone on him.

About 6:30, the back door came open and there is everyone! And man, let me tell you, they are FILTHY!! Ric said the kids came out back and told him I was sleeping, so he thought he'd be nice and let me sleep, so he let them get on the dirt bikes too. Now, granted, that was a very nice gesture for him to make. But to be a mother and wife and wake up and not be able to find ANYONE from your household is a very scary experience! On top of that, it's a school/work night, and I really like having dinner done and over with BY 7 at the very latest!! So the whole experience left me a bit upset which started a night of everyone being mad. No one really did any arguing, we all just seemed to have attitudes.

The last few days have just been "attitude" days. I've gotten really pissy about some of the DUMBEST things! For instance, our housemate came home from work on Monday and made a pot of coffee and he grabbed the first cup out of it. Not a big deal in any way, shape or form. BUT, when I went to make myself a cup of coffee and grabbed for the creamer (the one item I CANNOT drink my coffee without) there was no creamer left in the house ANYWHERE!! OK, I know that regularly used items do run out, I can accept that. But WHY can you simply not tell someone that it's GONE? He got his coffee and went to his room, PERIOD! No mention at all that he used the last of the creamer, NOTHING. So, I decided that since I couldn't have creamer in my coffee, I'd have a glass of iced tea instead. NOT! The empty pitcher was sitting on the kitchen counter, unrinsed! Guess who had finished that off too? ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG!!!! So that set me off for the remainder of the evening pretty much. I don't expect our housemate to do things around here, other than cleaning up after himself. But man, is it THAT difficult to tell someone that you used something up, or to refill something when you empty it? He specifically had me show him how I make my tea so that he could make more when the pitcher was emptied. So there's no excuse there.

Let's move on to after dinner Monday....LOL. I decided to be "nice" and take the last shower that night, even though I HATE going to bed with wet hair. Yes, I know, this could EASILY be remedied if I simply took my showers in the morning....LOL. Anyway, this meant that I was taking my shower after our housemate. I get up there and turn the shower on, which automatically makes me have to go potty....LOL. I go to sit down on the toilet and realize that I have to move our housemates dirty work pants and undershorts in order to even be able to sit on the freaking toilet **BARF**GAG**PUKE** By this time, I simply turn the shower off and come downstairs and tell hubby "I'M GOING TO BED". He comes upstairs to find out what's going on, and I tell him. Even HE says that's GROSS!!! I mean, I will NEVER claim to be the cleanest person in the world, but you DON'T leave your DIRTY undergarments laying out like that!! That's just GROSS!!

LOL.....with everything else that's going on (chats, phone, etc) I've been writing this for half an hour already!!

So anyway, my "beloved" Aunt Matilda reared her UGLY head this morning. Not on time, actually almost a week early. Nothing new there, that's the joy of getting older *UGH*. So, I "should" calm down by this evening...LOL. We got "new" furniture on Tuesday night. LOOOOOONG story....it's new to us, but not brand new and it's MUCH nicer than the furniture we had!! I'll try to take pics this weekend and post them

I need to get off here, sorry for ranting and ranting and ranting!!

**HUGGLES**
LUV YA!!!

No comments: