Monday, August 29, 2005

YUP, it's Monday

**UGH** What a night! Lemme back up a little bit and say that we had a VERY productive day yesterday, we are probably 95% unpacked now....YIPPEEEE!!! After working most of the day, Ric had the opportunity to go fishing with the guy 2 houses down and said sure, and he took Keith with him. Kryssy and I were here with the little girl from 2 houses down, we made a little fire in the firepit and chilled for a bit. About 8:30, the guys got home from fishing and we made both kids get ready for bed. Ric and I sat on the porch for a bit watching some tv and came in about 9:45 to head for bed. We had "noticed" earlier in the day that the A/C in the bedroom window wasn't quite as cold as it should be. The unit was give to us, so we simply had plugged it in and turned it on. He got the idea that maybe we should check the filter. OMG, I don't know what was in that filter, but I am fairly sure it had NEVER been cleaned. So we got the shop vac out and proceeded to removed this caked on debris that was blocking the filter. In the middle of cleaning it off, something popped off the filter and into my eye. I didn't think too much of it at first because it really didn't bother me. By the time we were done, I was in ALOT of pain! We grabbed a bottle of water and went to the sink to try and flush out what ever was in my eye, but that didn't work at all. I then went up to the bathroom for a brighter light and a mirror to see if I could keep my eye open enough to actually see what was in it. Lo and behold, there was a sliver of something sticking out of the "skin" of my eye. We tried as best as we could to remove it, but it was becoming more and more obvious that this was going to require a trip to the emergency room. So finally, about 10:30, we called the neighbor and let her know what was going on, that the kids were sound asleep, and that I needed to go to the ER. She said she'd be right over, and was here in less than 2 minutes. She is on the volunteer fire/resuce department and took one look at my eye and said "GET GOING"....LOL.

We ended up sitting in the ER waiting room until 1:30 until I was finally called back. Then sat in the room waiting for over half an hour until the doctor finally came in to look at my eye. First thing the doctor did was put some drops in my eye that completely numbed it....lemme tell you, that was like manna from heaven!!! After another set of drops, she took my eye lid and flipped it up and found not only the sliver that I knew about, but a large "chunk" of debris that had been sitting under my upper eye lid. She removed both the sliver and the chunk and put yet another set of drops in my eye to see what kind of damage the foreign debris had done. Thankfully, there was only one VERY minor scratch!! She wrote me a prescription for some drops that she said were like "Motrin for your eyes", and sent me on my way. FINALLY!!! By the time we drove all the way back out here to the country and got in bed, it was almost 3 a.m. Ric's alarm goes off at 4:45 and he gets me up at 5:15 and we get Keith up for school at 5:45. So to say the least I am completely exhausted today! Now mind you, Kryssy doesn't have school until tomorrow, so I "could" have gone back to bed after getting Keith on the bus. But NOOOOOOO, I had to go and schedule a dentists appt for Kryssy for this morning at 9:15 a.m......LOL. My thought was THEN to come home and take a nap.......but NOOOOOOOO. I get online this morning and have an email from my online calendar, Kryssy has a doctors appointment at 11 a.m.....LMAO.

SOOOOO.....not sure when, but at some point today, I hope I can get a nap in....LOL. In the mean time, I'm clinging onto my "motrin for your eye" drops...LOL!!

Have a great day everyone, I need to get Kryssy ready for the dentist!!

**HUGGLES**
LUV YA!!

3 comments:

Running2Ks said...

WOW! I am really sorry about your eye. I ended up with a scratched cornea over what I thought was a dust speck, so I can just imagine your pain. I am glad you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

That's horrible!!! (this is Kandi, btw) I'm glad it didn't do any really serious damage :(

I'm REALLY scared about Jen right now :````( Let me know as soon as you hear anything... I just read something where the emergency shelter in Hankcock County collapsed. :(

Magikjaz said...

OMG HOlly! *hugs* hope you're doing okay!

And i'm sad...my computer sound isn't working again so i can't hear your blogging *cries*